Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Canaveral Seashore Paint Out Day 8

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today is the day!! It is raining and overcast with biiigggg waves. The sea is hitting the seawall at high tide so there is not much beach to see. This morning I started out at C's Beach Diner for a breakfast of ham, eggs, hash browns and sliced tomatoes. Delicious!! it was nice to be remembered from the day before and I got wonderful service. I'll have one more breakfast there tomorrow before I head for home.

I arrived at the Canaveral Seashore Visitor's Center greeted by the chaos of hanging a show. Artists were coming in and out. Committee members were moving ladders and helping the artists. I'm sure by 4:30 for the pre-patron party, all will be calm and beautiful. I managed to get all of my work on the wall and I am ready.

I'm back at the condo watching the rain, cozy for the moment out of the wind. I must send kudos to all of the artists and the committee for this paint out. We have been through a thoroughly challenging event without whining or complaint, so I am proud to be a part of this effort. Please support this beautiful park by coming tonight to the Gala. If you cannot attend, you can purchase the art via email or phone calls to Pat Skirtic at 386.235.4810 She will be glad to send you photos of the art through email and take your purchase on the phone. You may also send a check for purchasing.

View from My Condo

Red Cedar at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
18x24

I'll have a wrap up report for you tomorrow and thanks so much for following along on this really exciting Paint Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment