Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Canaveral Seashore Paint Out Day 1

The beautiful view from my residence for the paint out.

Mosquito Lagoon

Notes From My Paint Out Journal

It's about a four hour journey from my house to the Canaveral Seashore. I arrived and moved into the condo around 2 PM, then headed for the National Seashore. This is the third time I've done this event. This year I am hunting out little places in the park where others don't go to paint. I found this little view of Mosquito Lagoon off one of the parking lots. Nice shade and no other painters around. I am not inclined to group painting at these events, so I find little known areas. This lagoon is often painted at the Eldora House, which is the main place for the paint out. Lots of people there hanging around, so I was happy to find the north end of the lagoon instead. 

I brought one finished 18x24 framed painting to put up right away, and 12 small canvases to do during the event. If I do two or three a day, i will be able to goof off at the beach on the last day. I don't ever paint on the day of the gala opening, as I want to be fresh and ready to meet new people. 

Tomorrow morning I want to go to the park and paint the dunes, since the sun will be behind me and I'll have a good view of the Inter- Coastal dunes. The rest of the painters will be going south to some place, can't remember so I'll have the park to myself for a day. Yippee!!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment