Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

You can receive this blog in your email automatically

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Canaveral Seashore Paint Out Day 1

The beautiful view from my residence for the paint out.

Mosquito Lagoon

Notes From My Paint Out Journal

It's about a four hour journey from my house to the Canaveral Seashore. I arrived and moved into the condo around 2 PM, then headed for the National Seashore. This is the third time I've done this event. This year I am hunting out little places in the park where others don't go to paint. I found this little view of Mosquito Lagoon off one of the parking lots. Nice shade and no other painters around. I am not inclined to group painting at these events, so I find little known areas. This lagoon is often painted at the Eldora House, which is the main place for the paint out. Lots of people there hanging around, so I was happy to find the north end of the lagoon instead. 

I brought one finished 18x24 framed painting to put up right away, and 12 small canvases to do during the event. If I do two or three a day, i will be able to goof off at the beach on the last day. I don't ever paint on the day of the gala opening, as I want to be fresh and ready to meet new people. 

Tomorrow morning I want to go to the park and paint the dunes, since the sun will be behind me and I'll have a good view of the Inter- Coastal dunes. The rest of the painters will be going south to some place, can't remember so I'll have the park to myself for a day. Yippee!!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment