Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

You can receive this blog in your email automatically

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Canaveral Paint Out Day 2

Canaveral Seashore Dunes

Sea Grapes at Canaveral Seashore

Notes From My Residency Journal

This morning I headed out to the Beacon Restaurant on Flagler Avenue for breakfast. It is the best breakfast I have found in New Smyrna Beach. I had corned beef hash with eggs and home fries. Yummy!

 Fueled up and with cool weather for a change, I headed out to the park to paint the early morning dunes. I have found that lot number 4 has the best dune view. It has a nice platform for painting and viewing. I so enjoyed doing this little 8x10 painting there before it began to get hot. Most of my time at residencies is spent in research and exploration. I do paint, but usually on the patio of the condo or home where I stay.

 Studio work is my best work and the plein air work I do is for study most of the time. At paint outs, I do a lot of paintings in a short time. They are fresh and loose, done in less than 2 hours. Because of this, I don't compose as thoughtfully as I would in the studio. Some of my collectors like the loose spontaneous work so it is all good fun.

I'm taking a lunch break now and will go out around 2 PM to do a Red Cedar tree I found yesterday. I like the way it looked and it is in the quiet place I found yesterday, with shade and no wind. After that, I will head to Eldora House to meet up with the painters and organizers for a dinner from Stavros Restaurant. That is a favorite restaurant for me. I always love to eat there when I'm in town. They have a splendid Greek salad and excellent pizza. Their pasta is good too. 

The condo I'm staying in is wonderful. it is on the 5th floor with a beautiful ocean view. It has a nice balcony for relaxing. The kitchen is fully equipped, so I made my own dinner last night. They have all the little convenient products out like lotions, sunscreen, bug spray and so forth, a nice and thoughtful gift. It also has lovely original paintings which is always special to me. Nicely furnished and decorated with a very comfy bed and good sized bathroom too. Outstanding and my sincere thanks to Donna and Mike for their sponsorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment