Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Canaveral Paint Out Day 3

 Canaveral Sky
11x14 inches
Canaveral Sunrise


Notes From My Residency Journal

For some odd reason, my day started at 5:30 AM today. I am not a morning person. I usually get up about 8 AM and drag myself to the coffee maker. The above scene greeted me from my condo balcony and it was beautiful. I headed on down to the Beacon for breakfast and then out to the park. I decided to head out to the point at the end and paint the lovely cloud formations. I found a shady spot on the turn around and got right to work What a great way to spend the early morning!!

Did you know that the Canaveral National Seashore benefits directly from the sales of our paintings? You can also purchase the paintings by email to me or calling Pat at 386.235.4810. The Friends of Canaveral will be happy to take your credit card purchase over the phone or you can send a check. I can ship paintings to you.

This afternoon, I will be painting in one of the parking lots inside the park, where there is nice shade. I love the old trees there and the jungly feel to them. I am saving back a canvas to paint on Friday here at the beach in front of my condo. I can look out and see the guys who are sailing across the water with the sails attached to the surf boards. The beach is incredibly beautiful with white puffy clouds sailing across the turquoise sky. I can certainly understand why so many people love Florida. We live in such a beautiful state.

Tonight we have Porkie's BBQ for dinner at the Clay Gallery. You know how I love BBQ!! I can't wait!!
More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment