Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mini Residency At Fair Oaks 08/26/12

Pond

Holy Ground Field

Henry's first day back at Fair Oaks after a long hot summer.


Notes From My Residency Journal

I had half a day at Fair Oaks. The wind and rain from Hurricane Issac moved in after lunch. This morning was delightful with warm dry air and a light breeze.It was a perfect morning at Fair Oaks. Henry came with me for the first time since May. He was so excited he could hardly contain himself as we loaded up Leroy this morning with my painting gear and his water dish. He has a cozy little condo behind the seats in Leroy.

On arrival, we headed out in my favorite golf cart to do some exploring first.I like to take a drive around the farm before I settle in to paint.

We decided to paint the lovely field near the pond. These fields are lush and ever changing. They are full of color and texture, light and dark patterns, and tiny flowers that pop up here and there. I think of huge marvelous tapestries when I look at them.

 One of the farm staff from last year was back for school, Joe. He is a nice lad and always sweet to Henry and me. He is also a fine cook. He made Cuban sandwiches, black beans and rice and fruit salad for lunch. Good eats for sure!! We had a nice selection of pies from Pearl Country Store. They make them fresh. I had the chocolate Creme DE Menthe pie which was light and tasty.

 I always enjoy spending time with the staff at Fair Oaks.They are all college boys who are studying science and math. All as smart as can be. I enjoy hearing about all of the  studies they do and listening to Rick's delightful stories about the places he has traveled and the people he knows, which is just about everybody. 

I was sorry to lose my afternoon at Fair Oaks but half a day there is better than two days anywhere else.


No comments:

Post a Comment