Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crystal River Painting


Notes From My Residency Journal

Since I returned from Crystal River, I have been studying the reference photos I took there, doing small and miniature paintings from the adventure. Today I finished the first large format painting from the residency. This painting is from the marshes and one of the estuaries in the Ozello area. It is truly a beautiful wild part of Florida that few know. Most of the people in this area are fishermen and hunters. It is quiet and for the most part natural compared to Crystal River. The painting is 20x24 inches oil on canvas. You will soon be able to see it in my loft studio in Gainesville, FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment