Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mini Residency At Fair Oaks 08/05/12

Purple Flowers
8x10 inches
acrylic on Source Tek birch panel

Field One Trees
5x7 inches
acrylic on hardboard

The Flowers

Water Birds


Notes From My Residency Journal

Fair Oaks has moved into the dog days of summer now. I am beginning to see hints of the seasonal changes to come. The fields are awash in these beautiful purple flowers rimming the huge shade trees. I saw tiny yellow and orange blossoms forming and some Goldenrod lining some of the county roads as well. That means fall to come. In 6 weeks I will begin to enjoy the beginning of fall, at least in my mind though it may still be quite hot. 

The grasses are tall and the pond is again its lovely self, full of water birds after a long dry spell. I drove around to check on my Fairy Houses and they are holding up very well. The morning was very pleasant, surprisingly comfortable in August with no bugs. I sat under trees and painted the purple flowers.

Lunch was served alfresco in the shady pavilion. We enjoyed pulled pork and chicken BBQ with all the fixings, fresh lemon-aid and cake for dessert. A real feast!! After lunch I got a small painting done before the skies opened up.

I had a difficult drive home in a huge thunderstorm. Leroy is not Air Conditioned, so it was a long ride. Midway along, the rubber in my windshield wiper began to gradually pull out of the holder. I drove for about 25 miles with it whipping around in the wind and rain, trying to peer through a windshield with no wiper. Not a trip I want to repeat anytime soon. I will need to take Leroy in to get a new wiper now. My adventures are certainly interesting.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment