Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 12, 2012 Mini Residency at Fair Oaks

Holy Ground Field
8x10 inches
acrylic on panel

Oak By the Pond

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was one of those perfect Fair Oaks Days.It was sunny and hot but quite pleasant in the shade. My canine friend Shane joined me today. His daddy was out of town so I was a second choice for him. Whenever his daddy is home, no one else matters. We had a good time driving around the farm together. We found some Armadillos deep in the woods, watched them for awhile and then moved on. One of my Fairy Houses was destroyed by the last storm so I took the pieces to the trash. It was a cute house but made of cardboard so it did not last very long. I am glad to see that the ceramic and wood ones I made are holding up well. They should hold up for some time.

I can see the beginnings of the seasonal change more and more now. There is a little cypress tree across the pond that is already beginning to turn. The purple flowers are still pretty but already beginning to fade a little. The grasses are less emerald green with tops beginning to brown a bit and the Fairy Circles are beginning to brown. 

I saw several beautiful birds today including Blue Herons, Egrets and a large Red Tailed Hawk that I flushed out right in front of the cart..It was wonderful to watch him fly so close to me.

I found one of my favorite scenes near Sebastian's Trail in Holy Ground Field to my liking so I settled in for a couple of hours, enjoying the quiet beauty of this place I love so much. Not too hot, a comfortable cart to paint in, a lovely canine companion snoozing on the seat next to me and the sounds of birds and buzzing insects in the distance. What could be more wonderful?

Lunch was delicious pulled pork and baked beans with salad. The  farm manager and I enjoyed lunch all by ourselves today.  After lunch I headed back to my spot to finish up the painting. As I finished up the clouds rolled in with a shower.It was time to go home with memories of lovely Fair Oaks to savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment