Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - August 24,2014


A Chestnut in the grove

Today's Painting
20x24 inches
Oil on canvas

Notes From My Residency Journal

I enjoyed a long and busy day at Fair Oaks.  I arrived to paint all morning. I brought a small cake to share with guests. I knew there would be some big dogs visiting today so I left Henry at home. I finished this painting and one of a poppy field, and started a new one. 

We enjoyed lasagna, a lovely salad and bread with dipping oil for lunch. It was delicious! A full crew was working and I enjoyed talking to the kids about school starting at college tomorrow. They are all such kind young people, always welcoming to me. 

I headed back upstairs to clean the studio and bathroom and put away my paints. By the time I got to the cottage, some of the company had arrived. I got to meet some of my host's family and then friends from Poland arrived. We enjoyed cake and coffee and toured the estate. A lovely day in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment