Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- August 11, 2014

Notes From My Residency Journal

I brought Henry with me today. I will be bringing him with me again most of the time for awhile. He was so happy to come back to Fair Oaks. He loves Buddy, Shane, the staff and his friend who can speak French with him. The drive from my studio was really hot for him, so I got the idea to bring back a bag of ice for the trip home. It would keep his seat cool. I brought a little pad for him to lay on up in the studio. I am thinking I will get one of those small pad dog beds to leave up in the Fair Oaks studio. He likes to sleep on a little bed. 

We walked into the blessedly cool studio, thanks to the staff who spoils me. While he snoozed, I worked on the painting of the week. I'm just about done after today's session. I'll take one more look at it next week when I get back. The second painting I'm working on is not working very well, so I will have to see what I need to do with it next week. 

When the lunch bell rang, I left Henry in the studio and headed over to the cottage for our wonderful weekly lunch together. I look forward to it each time. We had a special treat today, Pearl Country Store BBQ. I dearly love BBQ and never tire of it. We had pulled pork sandwiches, French fries,baked beans and cole slaw. Dessert was Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and strawberries. Wow! Good eats!  Our topic of discussion was how intelligence relates to success. I love our lunch topics. I always learn so much from these wise friends. 

After lunch we finished up in the studio and headed out in the cart for a quick ride in the golf cart. Henry loves to ride around the fields.

We reluctantly headed for home in Leroy after another marvelous day in paradise.
Henry poses in the studio.
Chris pays a visit to see Henry in the studio. Mark stopped in too. 
East Hay Field
18 x 24 inches
Oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment