Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Buddy's Birthday!! August 3, 2014

Buddy and Shane with their Daddy

I love Sweet Buddy

Chris with Buddy

Cloud Beauty

The new generator

Mark moving dirt
 
 
Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was a special event. We celebrated Buddy's 15th birthday. Buddy is the gentleman of Fair Oaks.  He is incredibly sweet and kind. I haved learned a lot about good character being around Buddy and Shane, the Border Collies who own Fair Oaks. Buddy shared his party with Shane. They got to have balloons, birthday cards, doggie treats, hot dogs and cake with ice cream. There was even a Happy Birthday banner around the room. 

We all had a wonderful party and after lunch we got into the golf carts for a ride around the beautiful fields. It was a day of fun and celebration, one I won't forget. One of the perks of being an artist in residence is that I often get to be a part of the celebrations and parties at Fair Oaks. The people and dogs there are family to me and I treasure them.

I noticed how beautiful the clouds were as we rode along. When we returned, I grabbed my camera and made another round through the fields to take lots of cloud photos. Great fun, but really hot! August has arrived.

I headed for my studio with happy memories of a swell day at beloved Fair Oaks. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment