Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - July 6, 2014

I forgot my IPad today so I don't have any good photos to share. 

I'm getting so spoiled at Fair Oaks. Today the AC in the studio was already on again and the studio was cool and inviting. I was greeted by the 24x24 inch painting in progress. I enjoyed working along on it until I heard the lunch bell. We were treated to an inspired lunch of paella with clams shrimp and chicken and fresh green salad, sliced tomatoes and thick crunchy toast. Dessert was a huge bowl of ice cream with fresh mango slices and chocolate syrup.WOW! My friend Kate Barnes was guest of honor and we all enjoyed her lively stories and interests. 

I made a blanket for my canine friend sweet Buddy. I want him to have a warm blanket this winter when it's cold. I'll start on Shane's next.  

I headed back up to paint a bit after the marvelous lunch and then headed Leroy for home. As I drove along I knew how lucky I am to have my Fair Oaks family who nurtures and supports me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment