Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency-June 29, 2014

New Bird Houses at Fair Oaks

Skies are amazing at Fair Oaks

Mark is removing Hyasynths from the big pond to open up the water.

East Hay Field Study
8x10 inches
Acrylic on panel

Notes From My Residency Journal

I spent most of my day in the cool upstairs studio at Fair Oaks. It feels wonderful up there. The AC was already on when I arrived. Most of my generation grew up with limited air conditioning as children. We are used to the heat. My truck is ancient. It has no AC so summer is pretty brutal for me while driving. To walk into that studio is really wonderful after a hot trip from my studio to Fair Oaks. 

Today I got a good start on a new 24x24 inch painting of the pond area behind the old house. It is swell to work one day a week on these paintings at Fair Oaks. No rush and a more thoughtful process with that method. Today, I finished two other paintings and brought them home to my own studio for framing. 

Soon, Mark came to collect me for lunch. We had hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad, cowboy beans, and two pies for dessert. I chose the peach pie and it was delicious! I am so spoiled at Fair Oaks. Beautiful studio,new golf cart, beautiful fields to roam and delicious meals. Wow! I am so lucky!

I finished up painting around 2 PM and headed out around the fields in the golf cart to take reference photos. The land changes every week and throughout the seasons. We are heading into mid summer now. The heat is intense, so I know that August will be brutal if June is this hot. Something got stuck in the go pedal, so I was instantly driving at full speed for a few seconds before I got the cart turned off. This seems to happen to me frequently. I have a long history of getting stuck and of picking up stuff under the cart and careening around. Thank goodness I have never hit anything or messed up pipes. I am a classic "woman driver" according to my host and the staff. They take great pleasure in teasing me about my misadventures in the cart. I discovered two new bird houses in my ride today. There may be more that I've not found yet. I love to see them. Fair Oaks has many wonderful birds. 

After a marvelous day in paradise, Leroy took me home to my own studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment