Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- June 1, 2014

Field Three Live Oak

East Hay Field abloom with tiny white flowers

Marsh View
18x24 inches
oil on linen
 
 
Notes From My Residency Journal
 
 
Summer has arrived during my absence from Fair Oaks. The first blooming of Spiderwort has finished and it will be putting out new blossoms shortly. The intense greens of spring are past and the land has settled into the long hot season in Florida. This is when Fair Oaks becomes the jungle that is natural Florida. The grasses in the fields grow tall and the little trees sprouted begin to grow up in the fields only to be mowed down again next fall.
 
I will spend the summer painting upstairs in the studio of the old house with  air conditioning and NPR to keep me company on my day at Fair Oaks each week. I like to work on various paintings from the reference photos I take in the Fair Oaks fields and from my travels for residencies. Today I started the above painting of Crystal River marshes from my residency last week. I so enjoy working in the cozy old studio. My kind host installed a nice pole lamp in the studio for me so the light on dark days is much improved. Next week I will take the time to do a bit of sweeping and clean up while I am there. I like to keep it tidy so others can use it if they happen to be at Fair Oaks. It is really a studio for all of Fair Oaks artists and I keep a log book there for artists to sign when they visit.
 
The lunch bell rang and I enjoyed a delicious lunch of lasagna, garlic bread and a beautiful salad. Coffee for dessert made a great lunch. I like to spend time with my friends who make Fair Oaks the paradise I love so much. I also love to spend time with the pups, Buddy and Shane who are the trail bosses in residence. They are lovely sweet friends to me and to Henry. (My French Bulldog.)
 
After lunch, I headed out for a bit of exploring and made it to field three today without getting stuck in the woods. It's interesting that some fields lend themselves to fall/winter at Fair Oaks for beauty, and others show off their prom dresses in spring/summer. I love field three and collins field in winter and I love east hay field and holy ground field in summer, with their carpets of flowers. In fact, there is nothing I don't like about Fair Oaks, the best paradise I've ever known.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment