Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

You can receive this blog in your email automatically

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency - September 22, 2013

www.lindablondheim.com

Notes From My Residency Journal

I had a swell day at Fair Oaks. It was overcast and cooler. This was the first time I have been able to paint out in the fields since June and I enjoyed it so much.  After my painting was finished, I took a ride around the fields before lunch. I am seeing wonderful color now from hundreds of wild flowers and in the grasses, pink,purple, gold and wheat. The dogweed is taller than I am. It is thrilling to bounce along in my favorite blue golf cart through the tall grasses. The bugs fly by, the seeds and sand spurs ride along with me. I have a marvelous time.  When I get back the golf cart is full of plant chaf and spots of paint. What an adventure! That cart has been my friend for a long time now. 


We had visitors for lunch and I enjoyed spending time with lovely Anna and her charming mother as well as two other guests and Mark and Scotty.

Anna and her mother were the chefs for lunch, and I was in the clean up crew. We enjoyed lunch down at the pavilion by the pond. A thoroughly pleasant was to spend time together. 

I travel to a lot of wonderful places as a painter. None are like Fair Oaks. It is the best place I've ever been. I headed home smiling with happy memories of another day in paradise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment