Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency September 15, 2013

Today's Beautiful Fair Oaks photo comes from Scotty. He saw this mysterious flower growing in the side yard at Fair Oaks today. He showed it to me from the window of the studio upstairs. I can't wait to paint it. 

It is hot and humid at Fair Oaks. The humidity hangs like a curtain over the fields and trees. My morning tour took me through chest high weeds in some of the fields. It is really fun to plough paths through the weeds and grasses.

I didn't bother to take my paint box out with me in the golf cart. As long as I was moving, the air stirred and the Mosquitos couldn't keep up. If I stopped long enough to take photos, they were immediately buzzing me. I didn't 't dare go back into the deep woods or out to Fish Prairie. They are patiently waiting for me to return in cooler weather.

After my tour I got busy up in the studio. I worked on my painting until 12:45 and then headed for the cottage for lunch. I knew I was going to get smoked chicken. Mark put two chickens in the smoker and the smell on arrival was glorious! He added potato salad, mac and cheese, and fruit salad for a real feast. I  missed Mark so much during the year he was traveling the world. It is wonderful to have him back at Fair Oaks. I don't know how long he will stay this time, but I am delighted to sit down at the table with him again. We enjoyed a lively conversation about world economics. He is a very smart young man.

I headed for home in Leroy with thanks in my heart for the privilege of being a part of Fair Oaks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment