Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Residencies to Come

The Bat House and Bee Hives at Fair Oaks

Afternoon in the front yard at Fair Oaks

Bird Island

Bird Island Palms

St Augustine Dune

St Augustine Beach

Notes From My Residency Journal

Now that I'm back from the New Smyrna Beach residency, it's time to begin to plan for my spring residencies. I am delighted to be given a week at beloved Fair Oaks. This is a rare privilege for me. I do paint there on Sundays when I'm not traveling but having an entire week, living in the old house, and understanding the rhythm of the land there is truly paradise. It is the best of all experiences. I can stay there and explore without leaving in the afternoon. I can't wait!! 

After Fair Oaks I will be off toWekiva State Park for a week to do their annual paint out. I live in the state park with about 25 other painters for a week. it is quite an adventure. The first weekend of April I'm off to Epcot to paint in the Flower and Garden Festival. 

Later in April, I'm off to Bird Island for a week. I'll take my dog Henry as I'll be staying there by myself and it is by boat traffic only. Very exciting!! What a beautiful place. It will be an unforgettable experience. Thanks to the Nelms family for this adventure!!

In May, I get to go back to Chad and Sarah's Condo at St Augustine Beach for a week. A beautiful oceanfront condo with original art and professionally decorated. First Class all the way!

Thanks to all of my wonderful corporate,business and individual sponsors who make these unique adventures possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment