Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fair Oaks Residency- Day 3

Serenity Oak
20x24 inches
oil on canvas
Shane is my Recon Partner

Field 3 Oak

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was considerably warmer at Fair Oaks. I decided to stay here all day and enjoy a warm breezy day rather than going out. Shane and I headed out for some recon around the fields and I got some very nice reference photos, including the one above, which will be my next painting. The Serenity Oak painting is finally finished. I worked for most of the day and I enjoyed the time up in the studio so much. After lunch, I took a break and headed out again in the golf cart, just to enjoy the breeze and the afternoon for a little while. Fair Oaks is a place where you can simply enjoy the beauty and refresh your tired soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment