Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- February 3, 2013


Elisabeth Ferber Guest Artist

Fish Prairie

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was a wonderful day in north central Florida. It was winter at its best at Fair Oaks, chilly and sunny. I started the day upstairs in the studio, working on my 18x24 painting of the Serenity Oak. I'm enjoying leaving it there and returning a week later to see my stages of progress. I imagine in a couple of weeks, it will be about finished. This is a very difficult subject. I have painted this tree twice before. I am determined to get it right.

One of the artists for our Fair Oaks book to be published soon, came today to work on her two paintings. Elisabeth Ferber has painted Fair Oaks during the Evinston Paint Out and has visited there before. She will complete two paintings for the book along with six other painters. I'll have more about the book soon. It will be a collection of essays, recipes photographs and paintings about Fair Oaks, its traditions, and the people and canines who love and care for this magical place.

We had a delicious lunch of chicken, rosemary sausage and yellow rice, with fresh fruit and broccoli salad. Rick knows how much I love his yellow rice and I appreciate it so much when he makes it. After stuffing ourselves, we enjoyed a hot cup of coffee and a chat, warming up for the afternoon painting session.

I headed for Collins Field adjacent to the Richardson Farm for a very happy painting session. The above painting was the first alla prima oil painting I have done on location in over two years. I wasn't sure I could still paint with oils on location. I sure enjoyed the afternoon, sitting in the warm sun and watching the Robins and Sandhill Cranes. This is the best place in the world to me. I am so lucky to be welcomed at Fair Oaks.

Rick and his staff do so many kind little favors for me. Serving my favorite foods each week and taking care of the golf cart when I mess it up or get it stuck. When I arrived and walked into the studio this morning, it had already been cleaned for me. I expected to come in and clean it. These kind gifts make me feel special. Artists aren't really used to that,so it is very special to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment