Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Researching Residency Locations

Washington Oaks State Park


Notes From My Residency Journal

I'm doing the research now for two upcoming residencies, one in Crystal River and then in Crescent Beach.

I'll be looking at the following locations in the Crystal River Area:

Crystal River Preserve State Park
Crystal River Wildlife Refuge
Chassahowitzka Refuge
Chinsegut Hill Refuge
Withlacoochee State Forest
Ozello
Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park

In the Crescent Beach area:

Bings Landing Preserve
Flagship Harbor Preserve
Princess Place
River to Sea Preserve
Gamble Rogers State Park
Bulow Plantation/The Ormond Beach Loop
Sea Colony Community

That ought to keep me really busy. I always like to do a bit of planning and research before I head out to a residency. I feel a responsibility to the project and to my sponsors to learn and grow, and to promote the wild places that we have in Florida. They are so important to the health of our state. 
More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment