Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mini Fair Oaks Residency 06/17/2012

Field Palms


Notes From My Residency Journal

Is it any wonder that I love Fair Oaks so much? The above scene is only one of many I see each time I go there. This morning I got up and baked a fresh blueberry tart for the gentlemen who toil tirelessly to make Fair Oaks the haven it is for me and many others who visit. I arrived to greetings from Buddy and Shane and got to say hello to Rick and Mr Jake Glisson who visited and brought a fresh baked peach pie. Mr Glisson is a legend in Evinston and Cross Creek. His paintings are wonderful illustrations of life in the south. He is an accomplished writer as well, with several books about Florida. It is always a pleasure to see him when he visits Fair Oaks. 

My golf cart was ready and waiting for me when I arrived and I enjoyed a morning of painting in the shade. After my first painting I drove around to see the fields, plowed and ready for planting. They look so different bare of the rye I love to paint each spring. I love the rhythm of the seasons at Fair Oaks., The spring garden is through and now the fields are tall with grass, creating ribbons of light as the grasses wave. The cart leaves interesting tracks through the fields.

Rick's God daughter Liz arrived in time for lunch as well. We enjoyed excellent chicken,corn bread, macaroni and cheese, blueberry tart and peach pie. Great Eats!! After lunch Liz and I took the cart around the fields and Fish Prairie. We ended up on the lane through giant trees, with lots of limbs down from the recent storm.  We got stuck on a limb, tried to push the cart over with no luck, but I was able to back over it and get free. I love that golf cart. it never lets me down. 

It was a beautiful summer day and a wonderful place to spend it. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be welcomed at Fair Oaks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment