Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

You can receive this blog in your email automatically

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My First Fairy Houses













These are  houses I built yesterday in my painting studio. The top is a clay flower pot and the second is an old strawberry flower pot turned upside down. I used pine bark for the roof shingles. To put texture on the bottom pot, I used paper towel pieces dipped in paint and glue and smoothed them onto the pot.  I like the idea of the clay pots, as they will last indefinitely and I can replace the roof and awnings as they degrade. I will seal them with varnish to help the paint last a bit longer, but as they age, they will begin to blend into the landscape. Hopefully moss and lichens will attach to them as well. I have painted them with neutral purples,blues and grays with just a bit of color here and there on trim. I have seen fairy houses that are bright colors but I don't like them. I want them to look as natural as possible. When I get them on site, I will add paths and ornaments of nuts,berries and dried leaves to make them welcoming for our fairy friends at
 Fair Oaks. I will make a Popsicle easel and do a tiny painting as decoration.

I'm going to be making some of the houses to put in my loft studio as well.  More houses to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment