Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wrap Up of My Vero Beach Residency

Notes From My Residency Journal

My last two days at Vero were great fun. I went back to the Pelican Island Reserve in better weather to take a few reference photos and wander down one of the trails a bit. There were lovely grasses in a variety of colors, turning rusts and grays for winter, and the cabbage palm hammocks looked so pretty. 

I enjoyed the condo so much. It is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The Lemon Tree restaurant was a great place to eat and they made me feel right at home each morning. 

I saw a lot of trees that I was not familiar with and I will enjoy painting them from my reference photos. 

The town was really charming, with friendly welcoming residents. I headed home with fond memories of my residence and with thanks to Judy and Jim for their generosity.
Pelican Island Wildlife Reserve

No comments:

Post a Comment