Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Vero Beach Residency - Day 1

View From My Residency Patio. 

I arrived late this afternoon and settled into the condo. It is a lovely, quiet place with it's own covered paking space in front of the door. That is really nice! It is beautifully decorated and has parque floors. I love those! This is paradise! Thank you so very much, Judy and Jim for sponsoring this project.

Tomorrow I plan to get out and about the town to see some art galleries and start looking for nature preserves in the area. I'll check out the waves too.  I passed ranches and citrus groves on SR. 60 which I am very interested in for reference photos. Hopefully I can find a good spot at one of the ranches to paint a bit too. 

The drive down was lovely once I got past the Orlando concrete and traffic.  More to come tomorrow.
Royal Poinciana Tree
20x24
Oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment