Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Fair Oaks Residency- Friday

O




Notes From My Residency Journal

I got out to paint around 8:30 this morning. The light was swell today after the front moved through last night. I got two 5x7 studies in oil. You can see where I dropped one face down in pine bark. I will let it dry a bit and carefully brush it off. It has been some time since I did small ones and I enjoyed the immediacy of the small format. I have completed 11.5 paintings this week.

My friend Mary Jane Volkmann, fabulous painter, arrived in time for lunch. We lived it up at Pearl Country Store, eating sweet potato fries, collard greens, chicken for her and a burger for me. It was great to get a hot meal. 

After lunch we jumped into my trusty golf cart and headed around the fields. It is very wet now so we got stuck twice, but were able to push it out together. We saw several birds including Robins and could hear a few Sand Hills still scattered about, but many fewer than the first few days of the week. 

At the end of our adventure, we picked some citrus fruit for her to take home and enjoy. The groves here are impressive. There is an old orange tree on the edge of Collins Field that has especially sweet oranges, and I enjoyed one today by reaching across the fence for it. 

I have two more glorious days for this week and I will enjoy them more than I can say. This was the best time ever and I always say that! If I could live out the rest of my days here at FO I would be content in every way.








No comments:

Post a Comment