Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency February 2

http://www.lindablondheim.com


Notes From My Residency Journal

I had a marvelous day in the studio at Fair Oaks today. I finished the two above paintings, enjoying the cozy space I love so much. I did a bit of dusting and sweeping to tidy up the studio. I like to keep it nice in case other artists want to come in and paint. I keep a log book there so we know who comes in to paint. I'll spend the week of February 9-16 at Fair Oaks so I'm really looking forward to my time there. 

Lunch was terrific. We had a full house with the staff and a very nice guest, Chris' beautiful girlfriend. She looks like a model and is so nice. She is an audiologist, very smart like everyone at Fair Oaks.  As always we have very interesting conversations and wonderful stories. One of the things I love the most are our lunches. I always learn from these friends. We enjoyed lasagna, green salad and cheese toast. Yummy!

Homage to my old friend the blue golf cart. I am so sad that I have lost the use of my favorite cart. I personify my favorite things, and the blue cart is like a beloved companion to me. Due to age and illness, I can't use it anymore. Something about brushes.  The other carts are used by the staff for work, so I will often be without a cart. There is plenty to paint around the house, so I will still be able to paint, but I will sure miss my blue friend. 

I climbed into Leroy and headed to my studio after a marvelous day at Fair Oaks. I am so blessed to be there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment