Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini-Residency, May 5, 2013





Collins Field




Notes From My Residency Journal

Florida simply doesn't get better than today. It was absolutely glorious, cool and breezy with low humidity. I arrived at Fair Oaks to see beautiful green carpets of grass in every field, dotted with Spiderwort in masses of blue and purple. Tiny white flowers waved in the breeze and now and then a bright yellow Dandelion would pop up. What a sight!!

I got a start on a 12x16 inch oil painting, but I just couldn't focus on the process. The day was just too beautiful to stay in one place. I packed up and began to explore, using my Ipad camera to record  many lovely fields and trees bursting with greens and yellows. Fair Oaks was dressed for the Spring Prom and strutting her stuff!! 

I missed the lunch bell while I was out on the prairie, but Rick kindly waited for me, so I enjoyed an excellent hot dog with baked beans and beautiful tangy ripe tomatoes with herbs and olive oil drizzled on them. A good strong cup of coffee hit the spot. Euan came along for lunch and we enjoyed a good round of banter back and forth. I will miss all of the boys as they begin to head home for the summer this week. 

I begin my last Spring residency tomorrow and will be checking in here with lots of stories about my adventure in Saint Augustine Beach this week. As always, I miss Fair Oaks and my friends there when I am away.





No comments:

Post a Comment