Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- May 19. 2013


The purple plants are starting to come in now.

Notes From My Residency Journal

It is suddenly summer here in North Central Florida. Last week was cool and spring like and now it is hot, humid, and buggy!! I was attacked today by Yellow Flies and Spiders while painting in the shade in Field One. I managed to get the above 18x24 painting mostly done by lunch time. I spent some time roaming around in my favorite blue golf cart just before discovering that Rick had a special guest for lunch, my friend Kate Barnes. Kate is a Renaissance woman of the first order. She has traveled the world, lived in Japan, was a county commissioner for several years, a highly respected painter and is a well known writer. Any time she comes, we are all in for a treat of wonderful stories of her adventures.  

Rick collects interesting and learned friends like a magnet and I am lucky to be included on Sundays for some of his soirees. 

We enjoyed sausage and yellow rice, baked chicken, tossed salad and Lima beans for lunch, followed by ice cream with chocolate sauce. With our coffee, Kate produced a delicious blueberry preserve and cracker plate which quickly disappeared. Our meal was prepared by Rick's summer crew of college boys, all very sweet and kind.

After lunch, I headed up to the studio upstairs in the house and finished my painting in cool air conditioning. Kate and Rick were off to explore Fair Oaks while I painted. She came up for a visit and what a pleasant way to spend Sunday afternoon. Soon came time for me to steer Leroy home to my own studio with happy memories of a wonderful day at Fair Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment