Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks - December 16th, 2012

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was spectacular at Fair Oaks. Not cold or hot, very pleasant. I arrived with a huge tin container of dried flowers and grasses for the front porch of the old house. I like to keep a decoration there to dress the old lady up a bit. She is so precious to me. For a couple of years I had an old basket there but it has gotten pretty shabby. I sorted through the old stuff and put what was still good in the new container, leaving the little birds nest and the tiny painting I did of the old Magnolia in the bench in front of the new container. I think this new one is a step up from my last attempt. My daughter Jackie helped me with this one.

I headed out in the blue golf cart to explore first. I settled in under the trees to paint. The Sandhill Cranes were out and about at the pond and I enjoyed.hearing them talk while I painted the pond. I'm sure they were talking about their list for Santa Bird.

The lunch bell rang and I was off to lunch with Rick and Scotty. We had lovely chicken salad sandwiches with fruit salad and a nice green salad. Dessert was my favorite, a Hershey chocolate bar. I've always thought a Hershey bar is the ultimate luxury.

Fish Prairie
36x48 inches
acrylic on deep canvas

Field II

After lunch I packed up my gear and headed out for Fish Prairie. This is a favorite place for me, especially in the fall and winter.It is so beautiful with the Hickory trees and their leaves of gold. The mosquitoes were fierce today. I hope we will have a freeze soon to get rid of them for a few months. I ran out of bug juice today so it was time to head for the barn. Leroy and I headed for home with fond memories of a wonderful day at Fair Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment