Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

You can receive this blog in your email automatically

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks - December 16th, 2012

Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was spectacular at Fair Oaks. Not cold or hot, very pleasant. I arrived with a huge tin container of dried flowers and grasses for the front porch of the old house. I like to keep a decoration there to dress the old lady up a bit. She is so precious to me. For a couple of years I had an old basket there but it has gotten pretty shabby. I sorted through the old stuff and put what was still good in the new container, leaving the little birds nest and the tiny painting I did of the old Magnolia in the bench in front of the new container. I think this new one is a step up from my last attempt. My daughter Jackie helped me with this one.

I headed out in the blue golf cart to explore first. I settled in under the trees to paint. The Sandhill Cranes were out and about at the pond and I enjoyed.hearing them talk while I painted the pond. I'm sure they were talking about their list for Santa Bird.

The lunch bell rang and I was off to lunch with Rick and Scotty. We had lovely chicken salad sandwiches with fruit salad and a nice green salad. Dessert was my favorite, a Hershey chocolate bar. I've always thought a Hershey bar is the ultimate luxury.

Fish Prairie
36x48 inches
acrylic on deep canvas

Field II

After lunch I packed up my gear and headed out for Fish Prairie. This is a favorite place for me, especially in the fall and winter.It is so beautiful with the Hickory trees and their leaves of gold. The mosquitoes were fierce today. I hope we will have a freeze soon to get rid of them for a few months. I ran out of bug juice today so it was time to head for the barn. Leroy and I headed for home with fond memories of a wonderful day at Fair Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment