Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- December 9, 2012

Fish Prairie Winter
12x16 inches


Notes From My Residency Journal

Today was glorious at Fair Oaks. This morning was gray and overcast, just perfect to bring out the fall color still here and there in a few trees. There is nothing like color next to gray and neutral.It was the perfect temperature, not hot or cold. One of the amazing things about Fair Oaks is the efficiency of Rick and his staff. I mentioned a week ago that the trails through Fish Prairie were getting a bit overgrown. Today they were mowed. It is just like magic!! They are always so kind and helpful.  How they keep 160 acres groomed is amazing. 

I had a nice surprise when the lunch bell rang. Our wonderful Kate Barnes had arrived bringing her little dog and a big plate of homemade gingerbread. Marjorie Rawlings' recipe no less. Kate lives in Cross Creek and is ever fascinating with the many stories she knows about the area. She is a well know cookbook author and famous watercolor painter. We rarely have time together, so it was a real treat to see her.

Casey, one of the staff members has taken on the task of chef for us on Sundays. Today he made delicious beef, chicken and vegetable kabobs. I've not had that for a long time and I made a pig of myself, eating two, with a lovely green salad. Rick made fresh whipped cream and we enjoyed Kate's wonderful gingerbread and coffee for dessert. Replete with conversation and great childhood stories, we lingered together in happy companionship.

After lunch, Henry and I went back out to finish the painting above. I watched the evening approach thinking that days at Fair Oaks are much too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment