Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks November 11, 2012


Henry Loves Fair Oaks

One of my favorite scenes at Fair Oaks

Notes From My Residency Journal

This morning I decided to paint in the back yard. I wanted the challenge of a difficult painting so I chose this huge old Live Oak. Henry enjoyed laying on the soft beautiful grass, chewing on sticks while I blocked in the painting. A dark cloud arrived and started to spit rain, so I packed up and moved into the studio in the old house to continue my painting. By the time I got set up in the studio, the sun was back out, but no matter.

 I enjoy painting in that old studio space so much. Rick has thoughtfully provided a long table and easels for his artist friends. We can use it any time we like.It has wide plank floors, an ancient Persian rug for comfort and the original sash windows with wavy glass I spend many happy hours there on rainy or cold days. There is an AC/Heater and a half bath, so it has all of the comforts of home. The scene out the window is wonderful with the pond in the distance and tall cabbage palms dotted in the fields. Henry stretched out for a good nap while I turned on my Pandora Radio to Louis Armstrong's wonderful voice.

Lunch time arrived and we sat down to excellent BBQ, fresh sliced tomatoes from my friend Sue Wood's garden, Cole slaw,mac and cheese, mixed vegetables,and Rick's fabulous chocolate chip cookies. Nobody beats Rick in the kitchen!!

After lunch it was time for finishing up the painting and then we were off for a ride around the magic land of Fair Oaks. There is no place on earth I would rather be. I have painted there going on five years now and it just keeps getting better every year. I hope I can paint there for the rest of my life. It is wonderful that I am able to be in this wonderful place and I'm so grateful for the privilege. We hit the day at the right time for the light and it was fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment