Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Ho Down at Fair Oaks

Ewen- Fair Oaks Staff

Square Dance

Fiddle and Banjo

Victor- Fair Oaks Staff

Blacksmith


Rick- The Trail Boss


Sebastian- Family

The Bon Fire

Yummy Food


 Matt- Family, with me.


Edna, Patsy and Warren-Family

Notes From My Fair Oaks Residency

The privilege of being an Artist in Residence includes all of the swell parties out at Fair Oaks. They know how to throw a party with no detail left out. Comfort and pleasure for the guests is all important. The Ho Down is held every fall on a Friday night. Last weekend was perfect, cool and lovely. We enjoyed a huge meal of turkey and all the trimmings and a table groaning under the weight of desserts. I was really good and skipped dessert. I enjoyed the time with friends at the bonfire and watched the square dancing. The fire is always huge and beautiful. You can imagine all kinds of wonderful things while watching the mammoth tree limbs burn. On a hundred and sixty acres full of trees, you are going to have firewood. It gets stacked up all year long and then burned for the parties.

There is a nice hay ride too. It is  a wonderful way to spend a fall evening. Eating alfresco under the stars with the fiddle and banjo music in the background is so pleasant. I've always loved the edge of a party and this one is no exception. I like to hang around the bonfire or on the porch of the old house,  watching the festivities.

As always, Fair Oaks is the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment