Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Packing for the Crystal River Residency


Notes From My Residency Journal

I'll soon be off to Crystal River for a week. I'm staying at the Daly House, on the marshes, so I'm very excited to have this opportunity. Thank you Linda Daly for this sponsorship!!

I've made my list of places to visit and photograph and will go out early to explore each day, spending my afternoons painting the marsh from the house.It is the hot, mosquito infested part of the year here in FL, so I don't plan on plein air work. I will gather as much reference material as possible to use later in my studio. I will enjoy waking up each morning to the coastal marshes. I'm really excited!!

The Internet is turned off at the house so posting to this blog may be sketchy. I will try to get to the public library there to post a couple of times. When I get back, I'll tell all.


No comments:

Post a Comment