Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fair Oaks Mini Residency- September 28, 2014

Field Three Winter
18x24 inches
oil on canvas
 

Fairie House




Notes From My Residency Journal

Henry and I had a swell day at lovely Fair Oaks today. We arrived to a cool and comfy studio thanks to our thoughtful host. Today I finished up the painting at the top of this post. Last week I forgot to bring back my brushes that I took home to wash, so I used a couple of palette knives to do most of the painting. Today, I finished it up with a tweak here and there. I enjoyed the process, though it is a bit different from the way I usually paint. It is good to shake up my routine now and then.

I noticed that the dried flower and grasses arrangement that I keep on the porch of the old house are getting kind of worn out and faded, so I will make it a mission in the next week or two to get some nice replacements and rearrange that corner of the porch. My assistant Carolyn will help me. She is better at choosing something pretty than I am.

After I cleaned up my painting station the lunch bell rang, so I was off to my favorite part of the day, some time with my friends who make all things possible at Fair Oaks. Todays lunch was splendid. We had boxed lunches from Blue Highway in Micanopy. I got ham and cheese on flatbread with salad and there were chicken sandwiches too. They came with crispy peppery potato chips and a huge brownie, topped with yummy chocolate frosting and whipped cream.

The best part of lunch is always our interesting conversations about the world. Today we talked about planets and the difficulty of colonization, which led to a bunch of stupid questions from me. That followed by talk of UFO's and weird happenings in life. They all laughed at my story about a little white car that I see frequently and Tommy's story about wild turkeys he sees at the same time and place frequently. We always have a great time discussing the world of weirdness.

After lunch, Henry and I took a ride around the fields. I noticed that the fairie house was looking sad and dilapidated. The roof had come off and the paint was fading. I made it about two years ago, so it was time for a redo. I brought it home and painted it, so it is as good as new. I'll take it back next week and put it back in it's home place for the wee friends who live there.

As I cruised the fields, I managed to get the pedal stuck on the golf cart AGAIN!! I freely admit that I am the worse golf cart driver ever! I am constantly breaking it, getting sticks stuck in it or getting it stuck in mud.  I dreaded telling my host as he always laughs at me, but I finally had to fess up after the staff could not fix it.

I knew it was time to hit the road, so Henry and I headed for my studio. Naturally, I forgot my Ipad, left in the gold cart! Gee Whiz!

Another day in Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment