Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mini Residency at Fair Oaks Part Two- March 23

Floor Mats

Mirrors and a canopy!

Notes From My Residency Journal

Yay for me, I was allowed to stay for the whole weekend at Fair Oaks. We have new golf carts. It's very exciting. These are my new wheels ( at least for a day) far too fancy for a country girl like me but I could get used to this Surrey  with the Fringe on Top. It has two back up mirrors, turn signals, a splash guard window, floor mats and a seat with no holes in it. It even has little baskets to hold little things. The other new cart is a 6 seater to drive visitors around. A step up in the world of transportation at Fair Oaks. 



I decided to paint up in the studio this morning. I wanted to finish up my demo painting from the Oak Hammock party yesterday.  I did a little 5x7 marsh painting too, using my IPad reference photo. There is nothing like painting in this studio. I love staying in the old house. I feel so happy there. All of the stresses of the real  world fade away the instant I arrive. 

After a great BBQ lunch, I headed down to the big pond to enjoy watching the beautiful water birds who have returned as the pond has risen. I saw egrets, Great Blue a Herons and the smaller herons, a deeper blue with the bluefish beaks, about a third smaller than the Great Blues. 





The clouds built up for coming rain and it was time to saddle up Leroy and ride home after a weekend in paradise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment