Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mini Residency Fair Oaks- December 8, 2013

Pond Edge
9x12 inches
oil on panel

Hickory Trees
 
Notes From My Residency Journal
 
 
Today was glorious at Fair Oaks. When I am away for a week or two everything changes. It is incredible to me how much the land changes from week to week. That gradual change is so interesting and fun to explore. I don't think it is possible to understand the rhythm of land and seasons without careful observation. This constant discovery is a wonderful part of my job as a landscape painter.
 
Today the color was evident in the grape vine leaves turning to gold and the Hickory trees with their lovely rich colored leaves of deep yellow. I spent a fair amount of time out on Fish Prairie today. There are still tiny pockets of the wild flowers in a few places but the prairie is taking on its winter coat now of gray, brown and wheat. A flash of Scarlet here and there in the vine leaves is startling and unexpected.  The few Cypress trees wearing coats of rust stand out among the gray trunks.
 
 
There is no place more magical to me than Fair Oaks. I enjoyed doing two paintings today, one before and one after the delicious lunch that Mark prepared. We enjoyed hamburgers and fries along with baked beans and mixed vegetables, then munched on cookies for dessert. A feast!!
 
 
I spent a bit of time with my delightful boys Buddy and Shane, the canine trail bosses for Fair Oaks and then went on my way to my studio, beating the coming rain. Another day in paradise.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Linda! Mark left my house in Bradenton at 5:45 Sunday a.m. to be back at Fair Oaks to train a new employee. We didn't go to bed until Midnight, but he is dedicated to his boss, Rick and to Fair Oak and so he drove back. I'm glad he made a good lunch that day, and your pictures are great. I to find such magic and peace at Fair Oaks, unlike any I've experience anywhere else, which makes my visits there more special. You are lucky to be there as often as you can, and see the changes. I hope to be back up there after the holidays and get to see Paddiwhack then too, Keep painting those great landscapes and sharing with us. Have a great week! Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn,
    Thank you so much for sharing Mark with me. He is the son I never had. A most amazing man. You did good Mom! I am so very lucky to be a part of Fair Oaks. I look forward to seeing you soon.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete