Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My First 2013 Residency



Notes From My Residency Journal

Today is packing day for my first residency in 2013. I'll be going to New Smyrna Beach for a week, staying in my host's vacation home. Thanks for your sponsorship Louann Hall. I'll be going with my pal Mary Jane Volkmann. She is briefly here. She now lives most of the year in Germany. We love this particular residency. It is a lovely little house in a historic neighborhood, fun for walking and looking at vintage houses in the late afternoon. This year I'll be taking two good sized canvases to work on slowly. We like to set up our easels at the house and have fun painting.  We will plan a different adventure out in the wild places each day to explore with cameras and binoculars. I want to take a look at the Indian River area this year and go back to Merritt Island National Wildlife Preserve. I am so fond of that preserve, one of the best I've ever been to. I also like the South Park entrance to the Canaveral National Seashore.

Last year we spent a lot of time looking at various places. This year I want to focus more in the south Volusia County area. I'm looking forward to this trip with my friend so much. We don't get much time together anymore. It is the only residency we get to do together.  More to come on this trip from January 21-27.


No comments:

Post a Comment