Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, May 14, 2012

St Augustine Residency Day 1

My View

Notes From My Residency

I arrived in St Augustine Beach around noon today. I happened to see a Hobby Lobby on my way, so I stopped to pick up a table top easel to use on the patio for a larger painting. I'm going to try to complete a painting of the dunes above.

I headed down to Washington Oaks State Park first, to stroll down the nature path and start my reference photos for the week. It is such a lovely park and is one of the few places with actual rocks on the beach side. There are two sides to the park, one on the inter coastal water way, dotted with small barrier islands and lovely old red cedar trees, tall palms and twisted scrub oaks. There is also a formal garden. 

On the beach side there are scads of lovely palms dotting the dunes. I got wonderful reference photos for future paintings back in the studio. One of the best things about a residency is the time to wander and discover, observing new places and remembering them with photos.

The condo is wonderful, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. It is thoughtfully decorated with original art on the walls. I enjoy seeing some of my paintings there as well. The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils and modern appliances. I could live here happily for some time!! Two bedrooms and baths and a lovely patio facing the dunes. My kind of fun. It is gated for safety, so I can wander and walk anytime. The beach is just a couple of steps away too. 

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment