Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Anticipating Residencies



Notes From My Residency Journal

I will soon be on the way to St Augustine Beach Florida, staying in Sarah and Chad's Condo May 14-20th. I usually have some time between each residency to prepare for the next trip. I am working on some paintings with coastal themes in anticipation of this residency. It helps me to be prepared for what I will see on site. I am very fond of painting waves and dunes when I travel to the coast, so I will spend a fair amount of time painting from the condo patio and the boardwalk there over to the beach. There is a lovely deck right over the dunes at their condo with benches. I'll be setting up my paint box there for sure. 

St Augustine is such a lovely beach community, with a lot to do there. It is close enough to the Alligator Farm and the tourist district if that appeals to you. I enjoy hanging around on the dunes, watching the waves, driving up and down the coast taking reference photos, and the wonderful restaurants in the area. 

My favorites include:
The Oasis-breakfast
Cafe 11- yummy Internet cafe
Sunset Grille- Great seafood
The Little Cafe in the Publix Shopping Center. Can't remember the name but great food. 
The restaurant in Vilano Beach on the water, can't remember the name. 

I'll be posting to this blog when I eat there in May and will be able to get the names for you. It's a great town and a beautiful condo.

2 comments: