Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Linda's Mini Residency at Fair Oaks February 12, 2012

Ana and Mark
Mark is the foreman at Fair Oaks. They are such a sweet couple.
Rick Knellinger with his dog Shane. Rick makes all things possible at Fair Oaks. I'm so glad he is my friend.

Henry is my studio dog. He makes my world work!


Notes From My Fair Oaks Residency Journal

Winter has finally arrived in north central Florida. My morning painting session at Fair Oaks was in 42 degree weather. BRRR!! Henry wore his sweater and bandana. I wore my hoodie, which was insufficient to say the least. It's been so long since it was cold here that I forgot to dress warmly. I will be wiser next time. I felt like a Popsicle before lunch time.

It was my turn to contribute to the lunch menu today so I brought roast pork with gravy and cheddar thyme cornbread. Anna brought wonderful rutabaga and greens and Rick brought stuffed baked potatoes and  a fabulous chocolate pecan pie. Lunches at Fair Oaks are always the best part of the day. After I thawed out for awhile, Henry and I took off again to start a tree painting and then out to explore Sebastian's Trail. New paths have been cut since I was there last and they are beautiful.

I am so excited that our week long residency at Fair Oaks is almost here. A week from Monday, Mary Jane and I will move in for a week of painting and fun. I am going to be spending quite a bit of time out on the new trails. The studio upstairs in the old house is available for larger paintings, so I will probably work on a larger painting while I'm there too. I can't wait!! This week at Fair Oaks is one I wait for all year long. This year will be special because the old house will soon be under renovation and no longer available, so I will treasure this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment