Welcome to My Project!

I was born and raised in Florida. After many years of travel, attending plein air paint outs, I discovered that residencies are the best way to explore the natural world I love. Working for an extended period from seven to ten days really enhances my painting experience. I am lucky to have friends and collectors who make it possible to explore the exciting and interesting locations I love to paint. Supporters provide their unoccupied vacation homes or hotel lodging for my residencies throughout the year. I am always delighted to leave an original framed painting for them as my thanks for their generous gift. If you would like to sponsor a residency, I would love to hear from you.
Contact me at: linda@lindablondheim.com

You can receive this blog automatically in your email by submitting it below.

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Little House

Our Frequent Residence

Notes From the Residence File

I have a fondness for many of the vacation homes and condos we stay in. It is like returning to an old friend. The above "Little House" is a favorite. It has quite a history. It was originally a Montgomery Ward kit house, the original manufactured housing. My friends Milan and Pat bought it as a young couple with children. Over the years they have restored it to its original glory. It has original hardwood floors, two bedrooms and a bath and a kitchen. The best part is the nice screened porch in front where I love to lounge in the evening. it is about two blocks from the beach and my favorite breakfast restaurant is around the corner. how can ya beat that? They generously provide a residency for us whenever we want it. They live nearby so it is a great adventure each time.

Linda Blondheim

No comments:

Post a Comment